Tuesday, November 14, 2006

When in doubt, peel out!

While out walking my dogs the other day, my neighbor and I came upon a school. As we struck up a conversation with somebody out front, up rolls a late 80's S10 pickup. The truck, driven by a guy in his late 40's at least, comes to a stop, sat there a second or two, then white smoke starts pouring off his passenger side tire. The thing that cracked me up most was that he didn't seem to putting on this show for anybody in particular, he simply stopped, layed down some smoke and rubber, then was on his merry way. I was left wishing I had brought my camera that day, as it's not often you see a spectacle like that.

I thought back to the days in which I would have done that. For no reason whatsoever, I'd simply burn a few thousand miles off my tires. I too was victim of having a "one wheel peel" car for my first car. It's one of the things where you almost feel like you're peeling away with your tail between your legs, as your one wheeler can't measure up to those with true posi's. That being said, all three of my cars today have a posi unit in them and one wheel peels are a thing of the past.

The whole exhibit brought back memory of a website that I believed I had saved. After looking through my bookmarks I found it and am passing it on for your reading enjoyment. Now, if you stumbled upon this site while googling something car related, as I see most of you do, you will totally relate to most every instance on this list.

When in doubt, peel out!

No comments: